Lester B. Pearson High School's Sport-Etudes program is designed for the high performance athlete who is able to maintain high academic standards.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES FOR:
• A personalized daily schedule
• Daily study hall & tutorials
• Sufficient time to practice and compete in your sport
• The opportunity to e-mail and fax assignments, projects, and tests
• Support services (weight training, physiotherapy consultations, nutrition & sports medicine sessions, and guest speakers)
• You must be classified by your sports federation as an espoir / relève / excellence / or élite athlete.
• You must be eligible to attend an English School.
• You must be able to maintain the program’s academic standards.
We provide our student athletes with a supportive environment which will enable them to succeed academically while pursuing their athletic careers.
• To provide a balance between the academic and athletic development of the student athlete.
• To provide time to work on their school assignments and to access remedial help when required.
• To schedule the necessary time to allow the student athlete to practice his/her sport while providing the opportunity to:
o Eat at a more reasonable hour
o Have sufficient rest
o Reduce the mental and psychological stress created by both academic and athletic demands.
• To develop the student athlete as a whole person by fostering:
o Strong social skills
o Strong organizational skills
o Effective community skills
o Cooperative “team” skills
o Perseverance and the pursuit of excellence
• A student must meet the requirements for a Secondary School Diploma in 70% of the designated time, leaving the remaining 30% of the time to pursue the athletic endeavor.
• The schedule must allow for the student athlete to cover all the required subjects.
• The student athletes are subject to the same evaluation process as all other students (i.e. MELS Provincial Examinations, School Board Examinations, etc.)
• The student athletes are to maintain an average to above average success rate in each subject. They will also receive pedagogical support whenever necessary.
THE TEACHING STAFF IS PREPARED TO:
• Provide tutorials and /or study hall supervision
• Be flexible with deadlines in order that make-up tests or assignments may be completed.
• Use present day technology (for example e-mail, fax) in order to provide schoolwork to those athletes who are away from school due to a competition in their sport.
THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR IS TO:
• Maintain contact with the various Sports Federations.
• Supervise the athlete’s academic progress.
• Maintain contact with parents for any necessary follow up.
Metro Stations / Bus Routes
• Beaubien – 30, 31
• Cadillac – 32, 199
• Cremazie – 31, 53, 56,146,
• Côte-Vertu - 64
• Du Collége - 117
• Fabre – 45
• Henri-Bourassa – 30, 48, 159
• Jean Talon – 30, 31
• L’Acadie - 179
• Langelier – 33
• Papineau – 45
• Pie IX – 139, 505
• Sauvé – 180
• St. Michel – 67
• Rosemont – 30, 31
• Laval is easily accessible by car via Pont Pie IX
• The South Shore is easily accessible by car via Tunnel Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine
Our Current Partners:
The Sports Federations
We currently have provincial agreements with the following federations, these are recognized Sport-Etudes protocols.
• Fédération de natation du Québec (514) 252-3200
• Fédération de patinage artistique du Québec (514) 252-3073
• Plongeon - Québec (514) 252-3096
• Fédération Québécoise de soccer (450) 975-3355
We can entertain students from any federation that is recognized by MELS as Sport-Etudes.
In addition to having provincial agreements with the sports federations above, Lester B. Pearson High School also offers a Sports Concentration Program. Students enrolled in these sports enjoy the same schedule and academic benefits as those students recognized as Sport-Etudes. Students in the Sports Concentration Program must meet a certain level of ability and level of training within their sport.
Lester B. Pearson High School 11575 P.M. Favier, Montreal North, Quebec H1G 6E5
(514) 328-4442 (514) 328-4443 (FAX) email@example.com